Monday, February 21, 2011

A plain morning...

This morning my siblings left after a fun but slightly stressful weekend. The stressful part is due to having a baby around that we had to keep happy all the time. I'm still not used to that yet when we have company in town. Here are a few snapshots my sister-in-law Abbey took of V while they were here:







Anyway, it's always depressing for me when family or friends from out-of-town leave and the weather today seems to reflect my mood. Even though it's 60 degrees, it's fairly windy and overcast and seems like it could rain at any moment. I am really hoping that my workout routine tonight will help lift my spirits.

Speaking of exercise, as a sort of update on my resolution for the year, I am doing fairly well in the self-control area. God has really changed my heart and given me the grace to say no to food and soda when I am not hungry or when I am full and don't really need to eat more. This isn't to say that I don't screw up in this area still, because I do, but I am really seeing true change in this area of my life and it has been so encouraging. It also gives me hope that God can work in other areas of my life if I am willing to get serious about it, repent, and let Him.

On a related note, I am now working on taking better care of my body, as I realize that haven't been honoring God in this area of my life either. February 1st, I started doing Turbo Jam, a Beachbody program, and it has been great. I haven't missed a workout yet and it is actually becoming one of my favorite parts of the day. I purchased a new pair of workout shorts this weekend and can't wait till tonight to be able to use them. I know this may sound a little dorky, but it's true. Between the exercise and eating less/better, I have lost 6 lbs., which is a good start on the way back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

Hopefully I will update some on V's new skills and developments later this week but she is getting into some stuff she shouldn't right now so more later. :)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

We are in the same scenario. I'm busy w/the whole weight loss thing too. Got on the exercise bike lots late...but nothing showing on teh scale yet. Hopefully soon...good for you on the 6 lbs! :) Keep on going
!