Friday, December 31, 2010

2011

Today is New Year's Eve. I am going to be in bed at 9. Sad. My community group is having a joint party tonight with the group we multiplied from, but as I have to work tomorrow and I have V's sleep to worry about, I will not be attending. Last year at this time, I probably would've just gone and sucked it up at work the next day. However, with my current levels of sleep deprivation I don't know how good an idea that would be.

One thing I do want to do this New Year is make a conscious effort to make some changes in my life. In the past when I've made New Year's resolutions, I've failed miserably. However, I think part of that had to do with my motivation for making changes, too high of expectations, and just plain lack of self-discipline. This year will be different...at least I hope. So here is my resolution for this year: Self-control.

I know this is really broad, but my lack of it is something I have really been convicted of over the past two months. It is so easy for me to overeat, overspend, and make excuses for excessive laziness in my life. I'm tired of living a life of idolatry to food, stuff, and comfort. Hopefully I will have good progress to update you all with over the next several months. I feel like I am putting ways in place to help accomplish these goals, but lots of accountability is always helpful. Looking forward to less of me and more of Jesus in my life.

No comments: