Thursday, December 23, 2010

Really mom?

So Tuesday, we took Verity to the doctor for her 6 month check-up. I know, 6 months! I can't believe my baby has been around for half a year already! She is such a huge blessing to us, and for the most part, a very happy baby.


However, when it comes to sleeping, she isn't so much. We have had to let her cry a few nights before she was finally able to go to bed without hours and hours of rocking/nursing/being held. In October, she started waking up about every three hours again to eat, something she hadn't done in about two months. Recently, I noticed that after about 5 minutes of nursing, she would go right back to sleep. When we mentioned this to the doctor, she said that we needed to do some sleep training with her. Apparently, letting her eat like this now could help set her up for a late-night eating habit. NOT something I want my little girl to ever have to struggle with, having struggled with it myself.

Due to that and her light-weight status (13.2.5 lbs!), all she will be doing for the most part doing the day is eating. Not really, but it feels like it. She is supposed to be eating three meals of solids every day, in addition to nursing. So far, we have tried rice cereal, avocado, and sweet potatoes. Surprisingly, sweet potatoes were her least favorite of the three. Must be all that mexican food I ate when I was pregnant! She is also supposed to have a sippy cup of water at every meal. Here she is attempting to drink from it:


In six weeks she goes back for a weigh-in, so hopefully it goes well. Well, off to get ready to deliver some presents. Being regular on this thing isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Merry Christmas Eve-Eve!

No comments: